Tuesday, December 9, 2008

CRIMINAL JUSTICE

I THOUGHT THAT I MIGHT SHARE WITH YOU THE PAPER I WROTE FOR MY CRIMINAL JUSTICE CLASS. IT WAS A INTERESTING EXPERIENCE AND I THOUGHT I MIGHT SHARE IT WITH YOU. I AT ONE POINT WANTED TO DO THIS KIND OF CAREER......

Court Hearings

For my midterm project I decided to go and hear a couple court cases. Among the court cases I have heard, My impression of seeing all these court cases was there all different. I saw cases that just had to do with probation, felony complaint, complaints and settlement cases. I noticed that all judges run there court differently, yet efficiently. It also depends on the case too.
I noticed during one of the settlement cases CORDOVA VS WILLIAMS, the plaintiff Cordova bought two lots for 120,000. Wanted a building permit to build on these lots, it ended up that the lots were not up to code. He had to do tons of repairs, the dirt levels were too high, the walls were not enough to support and weren’t the right size because of the dirt levels were being lowered. Plaintiff told the defendant about the repairs and defendant didn’t comply to the plaintiffs demands for the money back that he spent in repairs to these lots prior to building. The defendant Williams was served for 100,000 dollars, the total request ended up being 136,555. The plaintiff was granted part of the amount asked for and their awaiting to hear from the defendant. But while this case was being heard you can see the judge was listening carefully and taking notes, also made a few remarks.
Another case GAYLER VS OCHOA was about child support, Ochoa was not paying his child support and his reason was because he was not being allowed to see his son Skyler. Gayler wanted her child support and said she was not keeping Ochoa from seeing his son, Gayler said “i checked the box for reasonable visitation, Ochoa just never pursued it or didn’t seem to take an interest.” Gaylers petition for child support was granted. I noticed that the judge was listening and made the suggestion that they should really take the time to work out an agreement so that their son would be able to see both parents. It would really make a difference in both there and their sons lives.
Sitting in the court rooms and seeing how everything was run, I really showed great interest in being in a court room. I really enjoyed sitting in on all the cases. The judges didn’t mind having someone observing there court cases and how they were running there court room.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
IM A CARING PERSON. LOVE MY FAMILY && FRIENDS. IM A LOVER NOT A FIGHTER. IM A CONSTANT TXTERR.